Raising funds for: 2022 Fun Bun Run
Help me raise money for Hope for Haitians to support education in Haiti.
I will be participating in the Fun Bun Run a 5K Walk/Run which raises funds to provide education to poor children in Haiti. This year, the onsite race is in Geneva IL on May 14th and the virtual race is May 1st-12th from anywhere in the world.
This is our 11th annual 5K for Education and our goal is $25,000. The funds we raise will provide the hundreds of children that live in our villages with school uniforms, books, lunches, and tuition so they could attend school and get an education to help them stop the cycle of poverty that is currently their life.
How you can help:
- Donate to support my team. Use the Donate button above.
- Participate in the 5k. You can choose to register for either the in-person event or the Virtual event.When you register you can indicate you are running or walking for my team.
- Join my team – This will create a new fundraising page for you to help me raise funds toward my goal. [Button Above]
- Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere:
- 1 of every 14 infants dies before their first birthday
- The average life expectancy is only 53 years
- 80% of the working age population is unemployed
- By 6th grade more than 50% of children do not go to school
About Hope for Haitians’ work in Haiti
Over the past 20 years, Hope for Haitians has built over 745 small homes in Haiti that have a concrete floor, cinder block walls, and a metal roof. Over 4,200 Haitians live in these homes that have been erected in 17 villages. Each village is also given a water well, livestock, fruit trees, and other means to generate food and provide overall sustainability for the village.