Please help me raise money for Hope for Haitians to support education in Haiti.
I will be participating in the Fun Bun Run a 5K Walk/Run on May 13th in Geneva, IL. This amazing event raises funds to provide an education to children in rural Haiti who are born into poor families. An education is likely the children’s best hope for a better future and an end to their dire cycle of poverty. You can be part of it! Unable to be there May 13th? Then our other option for great fun, from anywhere in the world, is the Virtual Run/Walk April 28th-May 11, 2023. Unable to walk/run for the event? Then please consider making a donation.
This is our 12th annual 5K for Education, our fundraising goal is $25,000. The funds we raise will provide the hundreds of children that live in our villages with school uniforms, books, lunches, and tuition so they could attend school and obtain an education. Let’s all work together – after all, helping others IS what life is all about!
How you can help:
- Donate to support my team. Use the Donate button above.
- Participate in the 5k. You can choose to register for either the in-person event or the Virtual event. When you register you can indicate you are running or walking for my team.
- Join my team – This will create a new fundraising page for you to help me raise funds toward my goal. [Button Above]
- Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere:
- 1 of every 14 infants dies before their first birthday
- The average life expectancy is only 53 years
- 80% of the working age population is unemployed
- By 6th grade more than 50% of children do not go to school
About Hope for Haitians’ work in Haiti
Over more than 20 years, Hope for Haitians has built over 745 small homes in Haiti that have a concrete floor, cinder block walls, and a metal roof. Over 4,200 Haitians live in these homes that have been erected in 17 villages. Each village is also given a water well, livestock, fruit trees, and other means to generate food and provide overall sustainability for the village.