On-Site Race Information
Everything you need to know about the on-site Fun Bun Run 5K Walk/Run
We look forward to seeing you in Geneva for this years event. We are planning a safe, fun run for all ages.
Countdown to Race Day
Date : May 13, 2023
Time: First race group starts at 8:30am. Event will feature a staggered start; multiple starts to maintain small groups on the course.
Location: Kane County Government Center, 719 Batavia Ave, Geneva, IL
Check back to the site to see updated information, and for a sneak peak of the race tee shirt.
Cost: $25 for racers who preregister online by 5pm two days prior to the race (May 11). $30 for on site or late registrations.
Your first step as a participant will be to complete registration under the on site race registration page.
Once your registration is complete you will immediately receive an email confirmation letting you know that you are a race participant. Instructions for bib and tee shirt pick up will follow, if you do not provide an email address please check back to website for pick up information.
If you sign up for the on-site race but later decide you would rather participate virtually, we can easily switch your registration type
The next step is to multiply your impact by creating or joining a team to gain the support of others so they can become an addition or make a donation to your race.
Join a Team – Have a friend of family members that has formed a team this year? Help raise extra funds to build a school in Haiti by inviting friends and family
Create a Team – Do more than just run or walk. Create your own team to raise funds to build a school in Haiti by inviting friends and family to walk, run and donate.
Race Packet Pick-up and same day registration begins at 7:30am
- Pick up shirts
- Snacks and water
- Pre-race announcements
- Move the starting line
Race start time is 8:30 am
- results posting
- Snacks water and take-aways
- Award ceremony
Covid related safety measures that will be used If required by government officials
- Race starting times will be staggered to allow for participants to social distance. Pre- registered competitive runners will be given the earlier start times and will be notified of their time prior to the race.
- will will not have a large gathering for pre-race announcements and volunteers with Hope for Haitians will keep participants distanced in smaller groups to wait for start times. There will be a hand sanitizer station. We will do everything we can to keep participants safe during the time they are at the event.
- Participants will be required to wear a mask at all times when not on the race course, utilize hand sanitizing stations when needed, maintain at least 6’ social distancing from other participants that are not part of their immediate family, stay home if feeling ill, and agree to temperature checks. Any participant not meeting these expectations, or creating a risk for others, we will be expected to leave the race site immediately.
Race Swag – All participants will receive:
- Official Fun Bun Run tee shirt
- Numbered race bib
Prizes – There are cash prizes for the overall male and overall female top finishers of the race. Top finishers in each age category will receive a custom hand made Haitian medal.
We will provide a list of times on our website following the event, and medals will be mailed to the winners.